Unmanned systems senior (software) engineer
Create our unmanned systems software strategy and build the team to realize it, starting with an army of one: you.
We are looking for an experienced engineer/architect to lead the software competence in our recently opened office in Delft. You will be working together with a multidisciplinary team developing highly autonomous mobile robotics. Yes, we like a challenge. DEMCON Unmanned develops industrial grade unmanned systems (drones, ground vehicles, etc.) that perceive, understand, navigate and perform actions in the complex and unstructured world we live in today.
What your day as an unmanned systems engineer will look like
Besides getting the opportunity to build, lead and organize a local software team, you will be hands-on involved in projects from concept to industrialization. You will play a key role in the development of our technology roadmap and project portfolio. You will closely cooperate with other teams such as design, mechanical, electrical and prototype engineers (who are also certified pilots). You will be part of DEMCON’s software group where you will find talented peers and support to sharpen your technical knowledge and soft skills.
What you will be adding to the team
- BSc/MSc/PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, or equivalent
- At least 5 years experience in software projects, preferably related to robotics applications
- Demonstrated experience with software system architecture and a range of languages, platforms, and operating systems.
You feel comfortable to
- Create strategies and take the initiative to execute, building prototypes and sometimes diving deep to solve the diverse problems we run into
- Keep an open mind and sometimes “color outside the lines” instead of within
- Closely work together and communicate with others in an open environment (our DNA)
- Enable our multidisciplinary team to make strategic decisions related to but not restricted to software, onboard/offboard processing, and data management
- Work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment smoothly switching between prototyping sprints, industrialization projects and random moments of genius
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (mechanical, electrical, etc.)
DEMCON offers a dynamic, growing and innovative organisation. With our complex projects and multidisciplinary teams we offer you a lot of challenge and variety in this position. Thanks to enthusiastic and committed colleagues, our working atmosphere is good, open and informal, with a flat organizational structure. We will offer you opportunities for further training and personal development, so that you can continue to grow. We applaud you taking initiative and we will give you space to do it. Also, we will offer you a competitive salary and flexible employment conditions.
Interested? Send your motivation and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply now Ask your question