Stage: Test Automation of C # in GUI Applications
Stage Title: Test automation and system emulation
Start date: February 2021
Stage duration: 6 months
Finapres Medical Systems B.V. (www.finapres.com) develops and distributes medical devices for noninvasive continuous blood pressure measurement. These devices are the result of over 30 years of research and user-experiences in this area of expertise. Finapres is acknowledged as the golden standard of beat-to-beat noninvasive blood pressure measurement.
Our solutions are a combination of hardware and software applications. From the office in Enschede, Finapres has maintained worldwide distribution and sales of its proprietary products through a distribution network and direct sales. Finapres is an associated company of the Demcon Holding (www.demcon.nl). Demcon is a supplier of high-end technology for medical devices.
We have a nice opportunity for a student to learn and experience the working in a world-class medical device company.
Are you the intern who:
- Like to work with C#/WPF, GUI, frameworks
- Investigate current limitations in design of test automation framework (Ranorex)
- Likes to Virtualize/emulate the current medical system
- Likes working in a small software develop team, where ideas can be realized soon.
- Bachelor / academic
- C# experience
Then you go:
- Improve current automation framework.
- Transform 100% of current (paper) test steps into automated procedures to maximize test coverage
- Build virtualized medical systems and expand current limited hardware emulation where needed.
- Create an environment to deploy new software on multiple virtual systems running test in parallel.
- Integrate and expose the test results into the current Jenkins build environment.
The current situation
While a lot of work goes into analyzing, designing and implementing applications, testing the result is just as important to get a quality product. Since it is practically impossible to test ‘everything’, a limited set of tests is defined that is considered sufficient. For large projects, it may even take days to complete this limited set, so usually a subset is used with the release, especially when releases are released regularly. The risk of this approach is that errors are not found and cause malfunctions in practice.
With the results of your work, we will be able to increase automated test coverage, have a more robust test framework that can run many test when required in parallel so total test duration can be minimized and we have the capability to test different system configurations.
The ultimate goal is that every commit/check-in (trunk/branch) will result in a test run with maximum test coverage reporting newfound issues.
The team you will work in is a combination of Demcon and Finapres software engineers, in this team you can expect good support and be able to discuss your findings. There is no detailed roadmap in test automation structure, which creates a lot of freedom but also responsibilities.
Solliciteer direct Stel je vraag aan de desbetreffende leidinggevende