Production engineer NPI
The products that are developed and produced by DEMCON often include a combination of mechanical and electrical components. The products vary from medical to high-tech and industrial systems. The preparations are made in the industrialisation stage to start an optimal series production.
Your day as a production engineer will look like this
As a new product introduction (NPI) production engineer (PE), you will be responsible for the manufacturing strategy for internal products and for assuring the assembly process by determining and organising the production flow and process FMEAs and for setting up control plans for high-impact components. In addition, you will provide support to the production department in realising and qualifying prototypes and pilots aimed at volume production. In this context, you will be technically responsible. You will also be responsible for the technical release of new product documentation and acceptance related to manufacturability.
You will be the link between the project manager, engineering, procurement, production and quality by, for example, delivering DfX input to and participating in development teams (internally and/or externally) with regard to manufacturability. You will be in charge of the release and determination of the technical aspects. You will organise and hold review meetings with the (internal) client and suppliers to resolve technical issues and achieve product release. In addition, you will offer technical support in the area of production planning and installation during prototype and pilot production.
What you will contribute
- A university of applied sciences degree / university degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, mechatronics, industrial engineering & management (‘WTB’ specialisation)
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in production, production processes and/or production planning
- Knowledge of DfM, DfA, lean manufacturing
- Structure and a focus on productivity and quality
- Experience with the use of 3D packages such as SolidWorks (a plus)
- Customer-focused and communicative skills (fluent in Dutch and English)
- Experience with industrial manufacturing and engineering projects
- Knowledge of the development of production systems
- Knowledge of process control of production environments: process flow, P-FMEA, control plan, etc
- Accuracy, flexibility and passion to meet challenges head-on
We offer you
You will be joining a growing and innovative company at DEMCON. Since we are so enterprising, we commit fully to complex technical projects. We assume responsibility to deliver added value and to continue until the system is operational in multidisciplinary teams. You will have a challenging and varied job and the opportunity to develop. You can continue with your training to ensure that you can further develop your career. We will positively encourage you to use your own initiative. All of this linked to a salary that is in line with the market and with flexible terms and conditions of employment.
Thanks to enthusiastic and committed colleagues, the lines of communication in our organisation are short and the working environment is open and informal. Your contact with colleagues both on the work floor and outside will be pleasant. We have an active staff association that regularly organises outings, activities and an annual weekend away.
Apply now Ask your question