Mechanical system architect
At DEMCON, everything revolves around engineering. Complex development projects – that is what interests us and what we are good at. We prefer to start with an empty sheet of paper to correctly build up the system on the basis of the core problem. The concepts we devise and work out and we also realise them in our own assembly facilities. We do this for a wide range of clients in different market areas. This ensures that working at DEMCON is very varied and always a challenge.
Your day as a mechanical system architect will look like this
As the mechanical systems architect, you will be the pivot within our high-end development projects. You take a constructive approach from the very first client contact and continue until the machine or product is really finished and has been delivered to the complete satisfaction of our client. You are not only able to set out the lines on a technical level, but you have also proven that you can form a team. In addition, you have business sense and therefore can offer our clients the optimal solution. In short, you know how to commit people within and outside the organisation to you and your project for the right balance and alignment in this power game.
What you will contribute
- Completed university degree programme in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in the development of high-tech systems, medical product development and/or machine construction
- Proven track record as an initiator and as the person who has ultimate technical responsibility for these development processes
- Knowledge of and experience with 3D CAD, fine mechanical construction principles and analysis methods
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- You like to take the lead and are highly committed to the organisation and projects
- You are skilled in communications and have strong social skills
- You know what you want, but leave sufficient room for the input of others
- You are capable of abstract thinking and can operate both from a helicopter view and from the technical details
- You can motivate, drive and coach your team
We offer you
You will be joining a growing and innovative company at DEMCON. Since we are so enterprising, we commit fully to complex technical projects. We assume responsibility to deliver added value and to continue until the system is operational in multidisciplinary teams. You will have a challenging and varied job and the opportunity to develop. You can continue with your training to ensure that you can further develop your career. We will positively encourage you to use your own initiative. All of this linked to a salary that is in line with the market and with flexible terms and conditions of employment.
Thanks to enthusiastic and committed colleagues, the lines of communication in our organisation are short and the working environment is open and informal. Your contact with colleagues both on the work floor and outside will be pleasant. We have an active staff association that regularly organises outings, activities and an annual weekend away.
Apply now Ask your question