Mechanical lead engineer
As a mechanical engineer at DEMCON you will work with a large variety of complex systems and products. The collaboration with the departments mechatronics, electronics, software and production are important in this process.
Your day as a mechanical lead engineer will look like this
Als mechanical lead engineer ben je verantwoordelijk voor het mechanische deel van onze mechatronische concepten en systemen. Je bent als topper in je vakgebied van begin tot eind zowel inhoudelijk als organisatorisch betrokken. Je denkt al mee in de conceptfase en bent vervolgens binnen het projectteam verantwoordelijk voor de engineering en analytische onderbouwing van concept tot en met (de begeleiding van) de uitwerking tot volledig constructiedossier op basis waarvan het ontwerp kan worden vervaardigd.
During the realisation phase, you will be responsible for outsourcing production of the mechanical parts and for supervising the assembly. In addition to a substantive role, you also fulfil a leading, motivating and coaching role. You ensure that there is appropriate communication with the client as well as cohesion within the project, your department and DEMCON in general.
What you will contribute
- Completed university of applied sciences degree programme / university degree programme in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience as a mechanical engineer in developing high-tech or medical systems and/or (complex) special machine construction
- Excellent analytical skills and a high abstraction level
- Knowledge of 3D CAD, preferably SolidWorks
- Knowledge of fine mechanical construction principles, analysis methods and DFX
- Creative, enthusiastic, pro-active, you are a team player and you have good communication skills
- You can motivate, drive and coach your team
- Fluent command of Dutch and English
We offer you
You will be joining a growing and innovative company at DEMCON. Since we are so enterprising, we commit fully to complex technical projects. We assume responsibility to deliver added value and to continue until the system is operational in multidisciplinary teams. You will have a challenging and varied job and the opportunity to develop. You can continue with your training to ensure that you can further develop your career. We will positively encourage you to use your own initiative. All of this linked to a salary that is in line with the market and with flexible terms and conditions of employment.
Thanks to enthusiastic and committed colleagues, the lines of communication in our organisation are short and the working environment is open and informal. Your contact with colleagues both on the work floor and outside will be pleasant. We have an active staff association that regularly organises outings, activities and an annual weekend away.
Apply now Ask your question