Internship: Unmanned Vehicle Obstacle Avoidance
Educational Level : University (Bachelor/Master)
Timeframe : 3 up to 6 months
Location : Delft, DEMCON Unmanned Systems
Within DEMCON Unmanned Systems, we are constantly looking for new ways to innovate and make our mobile robotic systems even smarter. Especially in terms of robust operations in unknown, GPS-denied environments, that require sophisticated localization and navigation systems.
In your internship, you will be working on the development of an obstacle avoidance functionality for unmanned systems. It should incorporate a perception sensor that provides the main input for obstacle avoidance. Furthermore, the assignment will be to integrate it with the vehicle (flight) control. At the end of this project, DEMCON Unmanned Systems would like to have an unmanned vehicle (flying or driving) capable of stable avoidance of static objects.
DEMCON Unmanned Systems will support you in your developmental needs from embedded modules to flying and driving test platforms to test the performance of your results in a real world environment.
- Master student from Informatics and computer science, aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering or systems and control;
- Basic knowledge in dynamics and control, with a solid background in filtering techniques;
- Basic knowledge of flight control software (experience with PX4 is a plus);
- Experience with C and C++;
- Basic knowledge of MATLAB;
- Interest and affinity with mechatronics, microprocessors, and robotics;
- Eager to solve scientific challenges;
- Knowledge and experience with Linux and GIT is a plus;
- Currently living in the Netherlands;
- Working experience in the Netherlands is a plus;
DEMCON Unmanned Systems, part of the DEMCON group, offers a dynamic, growing and innovative environment. With our complex projects and multidisciplinary teams, we offer challenges and variety in your internship. Thanks to your enthusiastic and ambitious colleagues, you will work in an open, informal and fun work- and learn environment. The organization has a flat hierarchy that offers you flexible working conditions and a great learning surrounding.