Internship: Unmanned Vehicle Localization Programming for GPS-denied environments
Educational Level : University (Bachelor/Master)
Timeframe : 3 up to 6 months
Location : Delft, DEMCON Unmanned Systems
Within DEMCON Unmanned Systems, we are constantly looking for new ways to innovate and make our mobile robotic products and systems even smarter. An essential functionality for future proof unmanned systems solutions for inspection and maintenance activities is being able to operate in unknown, GPS-denied environments, which requires sophisticated localization and navigation systems.
In your internship, you will be working on the development of a GPS-denied localisation functionality for unmanned systems. You will be doing so by incorporating a perception sensor that provides vehicle pose estimations in real-time and integrating it with its (flight) control. At the end of this project, DEMCON Unmanned Systems would like to have a unmanned vehicle (flying and/or driving) capable of stable maneuvers in our office, while keeping track of its position, enabling indoor applications like inspection, and map-making (world modeling) functionalities.
DEMCON Unmanned Systems will support you in your development needs from embedded modules to flying and driving test platforms to test the performance of your results in a real world environment.
- Master student from Informatics and computer science, aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering or systems and control;
- Basic knowledge in dynamics and control, with a solid background in filtering techniques;
- Basic knowledge of flight control software (experience with PX4 is a plus);
- Experience with C and C++;
- Basic knowledge of MATLAB;
- Interest and affinity with mechatronics, microprocessors, and robotics;
- Eager to solve scientific challenges;
- Knowledge and experience with Linux and GIT is a plus;
- Currently living in the Netherlands;
- Working experience in the Netherlands is a plus;
DEMCON Unmanned Systems, part of the DEMCON group, offers a dynamic, growing and innovative environment. With our complex projects and multidisciplinary teams, we offer challenges and variety in your internship. Thanks to your enthusiastic and ambitious colleagues, you will work in an open, informal and fun work- and learn environment. The organization has a flat hierarchy that offers you flexible working conditions and a great learning surrounding.