Internship: embedded control platform
Educational level: bachelor/academic
Duration: 6 months
Within DEMCON both setups in the experimental phase as well as final products are often controlled using industrial controllers. However, in some projects industrial controllers cannot be used due to e.g. size or power limitations. For those projects, there is the desire to have an embedded control platform. The platform should allow users to get up-and running quickly, and facilitate a rapid development process. This will be done by providing drivers to access the hardware interfaces, and by integrating with Matlab/Simulink.
The goal of the project is to define, design, build and test the embedded control platform with Simulink integration. The platform should include power supply regulation and protected analog and digital I/O suitable for interfacing with industrial sensors / actuators. It should have sufficient expansion options for future use.
During this assignment you will be working on:
- Defining the detailed specifications of the embedded control platform
- Selection of the microcontroller or application processor / processor module
- Schematic & PCB design for the embedded control platform
- Driver software development
- Setting up integration with Simulink: platform definition, automatic code generation, and implementing External mode (online debugging of the code using Simulink)
- Realization & assembly of the embedded control platform
- Testing the embedded control platform by building a simple demo application
At the start of the internship, a concrete plan will be formulated to guarantee that the scope of the assignment is feasible within the available timeframe.
DEMCON offers a dynamic, growing and innovative organisation. With our complex projects and multidisciplinary teams we offer you a lot of challenge and variety in this position. Thanks to enthusiastic and committed colleagues, our working atmosphere is good, open and informal, with a flat organizational structure. We will offer you opportunities for further training and personal development, so that you can continue to grow. We applaud you taking initiative and we will give you space to do it. Also, we will offer you a competitive salary and flexible employment conditions.
If you would like to receive more information concerning the internship, you can contact Frits Kuipers, software engineer (phone: 088 115 2000).
Apply now Ask your question