Stage opdracht: 3D LiDAR localisation challenge for unmanned flying vehicles
Are you looking for a challenging and educational internship? Then you are at the right place at DEMCON Unmanned Systems!
- Start date from 1-11-2020 (or direct)
- Location Delft
- Minimal period of 3 months
- analytical and independent.
- creative and proactive
- enthusiastic and interested in autonomous vehicles
- Following a BSc./MSc. (WO) study in the technical direction of:
- Aerospace Engineering;
- Electrical Engineering, Mathematics & Computer Science;
- Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering;
- Basic understanding of programming
- Experience in C++, ROS, V-REP and/or PX4 is a plus
- During this internship you will continue the work in the development for a software stack that generates a path along a windmill blade using RTK-GPS and LiDAR measurements.
- A feasibility study and preliminary algorithm setup has been developed in a previous internship to determine the transformation of a drone with respect to a windmill blade using LiDAR measurements.
- During this internship you will continue this work by improving the algorithm setup and by integrating it in the flight control stack.
- A simulation in a given environment will have to be developed in order to test the algorithm setup and integration in the flight control stack.
- Point clouds obtained from real-time LIDAR measurements are compared against a pre-defined virtual model (prior knowledge) in order to determine the orientation of the object and thus define the path for the vehicle to follow.
- The end result of the internship will include a flying drone in simulation that flies over a path along the windmill generated using LiDAR and GPS measurements.
- We like to include all a-z stages of a development process into each intern assignment from desk research and development to implementation and hands-on verification and validation testing in the field.
- DEMCON Unmanned Systems is a subsidiary company in the DEMCON group. A multidisciplinary team developing and supplying unmanned vehicles and autonomous navigation technologies. Offer a dynamic, approachable and innovative environment to carry out your assignment.
- Together with your direct day-to-day supervisor/coordinator, you will define your learning goals, scope and plan of approach at the start of your assignment. Furthermore, you will execute your assignment within the standard DEMCON way of working processes. All to get a good impression of what it would be to be part of a real development team at Demcon.
- Possibility to design your internship assignment yourself and to focus on your own wishes.
- You will receive a direct day-to-day technical supervisor.
- Market-based internship fee
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Are you enthusiastic and would you like to work with us as an intern? Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do you have questions? Please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com or via 088 – 115 20 00. See you soon!
Solliciteer direct Vragen over deze functie?